My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://bentleyboutique.com/craftblog
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 26, 2009

From Cracker Box to Firetruck

Have you noticed that I seem to be taking a lot of trips down memory lane lately? I've been going through my computer and finding all these projects that I made for my boys when they were smaller. I think I'm getting sentimental about them becoming teenagers, so I'm reliving the past through craft projects! I need therapy.

But in the mean time, what do you do with a cracker box?? Make a firetruck out of it, of course!

Cracker box firetrucks
The boxes, er, I mean firetrucks, don't actually roll. That would be a nice addition if you can figure out how to do it.

These were actually made as valentine boxes (the top opens to hold the valentines). But you don't have to wait 'till Valentine's Day. Every little boy needs a firetruck, and they could hide their secret treasures in the box.

It's been a few years since I made these, so I don't have the exact instructions. But basically you cover a cracker box with red paper. I think I used red poster board for the side panels. The ladder was made from popsicle sticks and toothpicks. And I'm pretty sure that toilet paper rolls are under the truck, along with round wheels cut out of poster board.

The best part, of course, are the drivers! For the side window, I had them hold a frisbee like a steering wheel, and look to the side, then I snapped the picture. Of course, they were dressed up in their fireman outfits. Glue the picture to the window, as pictured. And for the front window, I had them look straight ahead while holding the frisbee, and I added a clip art dog!

Leave me a comment and let me know if you make one. I'd love to see a picture!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! My daughter loves fire trucks, we may have to try this on a rainy day this summer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute..I want to try this out

    Come bunny hop over to http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/ and enter 4 great giveaways (atleast I think they're great! ;>)

    Smiles,

    MJ (Hoppin' over from SITS)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg that is really cute! you are so creative.

    thanks for the blog comment. i'm from sits :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! I love crafty ideas!

    I came by to welcome you to SITS! We're happy to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This craft is adorable!! Stopping by to Welcome you to SITS!! :)

    ReplyDelete